What’s Happening In 2014? | Freedom Feathers: What’s Happening In 2014?

What’s Happening In 2014?


 January 11, 2014

I’m aware that I don’t blog much.  So, it’s about time I brought you up to speed!

      This blog started out as a source for selling jewelry to raise money for Agape International Missions, but it has become more than that.  Around the end of 2012, I started spending more time designing and less time making jewelry.  I’ve done all my work under the same name— Freedom Feathers.  This poses a small problem because it has drifted away from its original intention.  I’m not planning to end Freedom Feathers, but I may eventually transition to using my own name (or even a new name).  For now, it’ll stick around for a little while longer.  Whether or not I continue to sell feather jewelry is debatable, but for the time being, I’m taking a break.  That’s not to say I’m taking a break from bringing awareness to injustice or donating to AIM.  Every time I see the name “Freedom Feathers”, I’m reminded of why I started it all in the first place.  Although sells have slowly come to a halt, I have been and am continuing to support AIM.  In due time, I hope to start raising extra funds for them once again.  

     I still have lots of feathery things lying around, but I haven’t had the time to promote them or make more.  In addition to that, I haven’t really crafted at all lately (shocking, I know.) 

     For once in my life, I’ve been trying to take everything I love doing and condense it (we'll go with that).  I’ve spent less time on crafting/baking/blogging (and pretty much anything else you’ll find on Pinterest) and more time on art, sketching, hand-lettering, and design.  Now that we’re entering 2014, I’d like to bring back some of those lost (well not quite lost) arts back into my routine.  

     You may have also noticed a change in the appearance of this blog; it's rather boring and tasteless, but at least it's a little more modern and functional.  I'll work on making it pretty some other time.  However, that is not the only change that will be taking place here (by here I mean on this blog.)  Hopefully, you’ll be seeing more content throughout the next couple of months.  I’m also going to start posting on one blog instead of two.  That’s not a big deal, but it’ll make a difference.  

In short, this blog is now my official site for faith, art, projects, ideas, and everything in between. 

We’ll see how far I get . . .   

     Now, here's my tentative plan for the future.  Ideally, I'd like to continue designing!  Education has become a high priority and by high I mean somewhere in the top ten.  I’m looking into a lot of different options including campus classes, online tutoring, interning, and the like.  The opportunities are endless especially in the world of Graphic Design.  There are many different paths I could go down, but I won’t bore you with the details. 

     With a new year also come new projects!  I’ve been dreaming up a lot of ideas (most of which won't happen.)  The first one is actually on Threadless being scored right now!  Others will be under way soon.  

     Another change that needs to take place is updating my online portfolio.  There is so much that hasn’t made it on there yet.  It’s about time I did something about that (and when the day comes that I do, I'll let you know!) 

     Other than all that, I’m still working and finishing up my last semester of school (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!)  Be sure to keep an eye out for more updates and posts!